Friday, July 9, 2010

210.4

I can't wait to start working out again. I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning, waiting for the okay from Mom and Dad to start tearing into presents.

I have ten more days of "rest" before I can do anything. My follow-up with Doc Hamburger is on the 19th, and only with his blessing can I start exercising again. He's already said that running is off the table for quite a while, which is infuriating because a big contributor to my belly issues is (duh) my weight, and running is the fastest (and now my faaaaaaaaaavorite) way to get weight off of me. BUT, I have to obey. Not just because he's a doctor, but because if I don't, my mom will likely come to my house and lay the smackdown on me. My mom acting as my doctor's enforcer is kind of hilarious, if only because she herself rarely used to listen to her doctors when they'd warn her about her intense running regime. One doc actually threatened to put her in a cast; she had stress-fractures in her tibias, I think, and kept running anyway, despite the pain. I understand her concerns about me, though, and I really do appreciate them. As usual, Mom is right. And I will obey, if for no other reason than that I really don't want to go through all of this again. Medical adventures make for great blog fodder, but I think three operations -- not including the C-section that started the whole mess -- in two years is enough for me. Besides, my belly is starting to look like a roadmap, what with all these scars.

Ten days seems like a long time, but I know the days will pass. Slowly or quickly, with boredom or excitement, they'll pass. Before I know it, I'll be writing about my workouts again, my milestones and roadblocks, my failures and my victories.

I'm so ready for some victories.

2 comments:

  1. Jenny, what do your meals look like? I'm trying to lose 30 lbs before the wedding next October, I'm unsure of what to eat that's still tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, I am not on any specific diet. Basically, I eat mostly lean protein and fruits/vegetables, plus a ton of water. Some days I do better than others, and I'd be lying if I said I never ate junk. But the more I eat healthy, the less my body likes the junk. When we eat out, it's mostly Asian food. I've found it's easier to find healthier food at those restaurants (just watch out for salt, sugar, and MSG). Thanks for asking this! I'll devote a whole post to it soon.

    One

    ReplyDelete