Thursday, October 29, 2009

Night & Day

I didn't get much rest last night, so I decided to sleep in rather than bust out a run before work. ("Sleeping in" means getting up at four instead of three, so don't get too jealous.) What a farking mistake THAT was. I have felt like 100% ass all morning. No energy, no focus, no oomph! at all. It sucks. So, lesson learned there. Even if I think I'll be tired, I'm going to run anyway. If this is how it feels not to run, by God, BRING ON THE RUNNING.

I talked to Smith about it when he called to check in today. During the course of our conversation, he told me he wasn't happy about me signing up for that 5K. He had planned to sneak me into a longer run without me knowing it, like "Hey, let's go for a jog!" and then telling me "You know you just ran three miles?" when we were done. I feel kind of bad. I see what the point is to doing it his way -- no pressure, and a big confidence boost. I'm still doing the 5K, though. It's a good goal for me, I think, and it has lit a bit of a fire under my heiny. Oh well. I'm sure he still has lots of other wonderful surprises in store for me. And by wonderful, I mean painful and possibly barf-inducing.

No comments:

Post a Comment