Thursday, October 22, 2009

Panty Raid

I've been holding on to a few pieces of maternity wear for too long now. They're so comfy; broken in, a little baggy. They accommodate my post-baby belly flap so nicely. Not my maternity jeans, or work pants, or even stretchy pants -- I'm talking about my underwear.

For about two years, I've been rocking these granny panties. You know, the ones that come all the way up to your bra and have leg holes that come down around mid-thigh? I was warned during my pregnancy that it'd be hard to let them go, these belly-warmers. But I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror a couple of weeks ago, and MAN. Me in huge underpants? DEFINITELY NOT BOOM BOOM SEXY TIME.

So, in hopes of feeling slightly better about how I look in my underroos, I decided to order some new ones and bid farewell to my grannies. I was tempted to have an official retirement ceremony and burn them, but Hubs told me the last thing he wanted was to have the fire department here putting out an underpants blaze. Because seriously, with my luck, I'd burn the damn house down.

No comments:

Post a Comment