Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Spark!

I was looking for a good calorie counter/exercise tracking app for my Blackberry yesterday. When I discovered that Lose It (the one I really wanted) is only available for the iPhone, I was a little disappointed. But then I stumbled onto SparkPeople.com. My friend Luce had told me about this site a while ago, and I'd completely forgotten about it. Well, they have all the trackers I need, and more.

One of the cool things about this site is that they help you set specific goals, something I really suck at (just ask Smith). I tend to be very vague and/or overambitious. I think it's easier to quit if you're not specific. The things I'm focusing on this week are water consumption (I've been slacking), exercise, and tracking my calories. I think this will be a good compliment to what I'm already doing with Smith.

Smith is out of town this week, which is kind of a bummer. I've gotten back on track with my running after that month of inactivity, and I was looking forward to starting with weights this week. Of course, there's a good chance he'll read this, and I'll get a text message saying something like "Aww, you miss me? ADD A HALF MILE TO YOUR RUN."

Speaking of running...I took a big leap yesterday and signed up for my very first 5K run. My dear darling Peggy talked me into it, and this post from Sundry, one of my favorite bloggers ever, was extremely inspirational. I do need to take on something ass-kicking, something I think is impossible. I need a goal, and a deadline.

So, on December 5th, I'll be doing my truffle shuffle around the local university campus. Hopefully I don't die. Or barf. But if I do, at least it'll be for a good cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment