Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween, I Kind of Hate Your Face

My eating spiraled out of control this weekend, and I'm still trying to get a handle on it. Even after I got rid of all the candy in the house after my friend's baby shower last weekend, even after running all week, I still let myself eat (and drink) way too much.

On Friday morning, I let myself have Chik Fil A Chicken Minis for breakfast. Hubs had taken the day off for a school thing, and when he got back, we went to Ruby Tuesday's for lunch. I had a salad, but that salad had bacon, avocado, and cheese on it (not tons, but probably more than I should've had).

Then that night, my friend Peggy threw an awesome party, and although I started out strong -- eating celery from the veggie tray, drinking a light beer -- I ended up drinking too much and chowing down on everything from chips and dip to pumpkin-faced Krispy Kreme donuts.

Saturday, I felt like complete and total poop. Not hungover, but dehydrated and well, sugary. It's weird, sugar now has a very strange and unpleasant effect on me. It makes me so tired, and for lack of a better word, I just feel STICKY inside.

We went to a birthday party; my friend's son turned one and they threw a pirate-themed birthday party for him. I didn't eat much of anything -- I think I had a bite of cake and maybe one or two chips. Nothing seemed appealing. I can't really remember what we ate the rest of the day. After running a couple of errands, we took the Kid trick-or-treating and then had dinner with my mom. Mexican food! I had chicken fajitas, which aren't too bad I guess. But then when we got home, I ate some of Kid's candy, and then Hubs and I ate pita chips and spinach dip while we watched a scary movie. I was so exhausted, and still dehydrated, and still feeling like poop.

So here we are on Sunday. I tried to get back on track this morning: oatmeal with fruit, some coffee. But then I ate leftover dip while Kid napped, and then I ate candy. I still haven't had enough water. And I hopped on the scale -- up three pounds from Monday. FUCK. I haven't run today, I didn't run yesterday. I FEEL LIKE CRAP.

Can I get a do-over? Can I go back to Friday night and not pig out? No.

What can I do?

I can start over again, again, again. I can (will!) throw out the damned Halloween candy and leftover dip. I can keep drinking water for the rest of the day, have a decent dinner, and start fresh tomorrow. I can get a good night's sleep and hopefully keep myself from getting the cold I feel coming on. I can learn a lesson from this past weekend and stop making this mistake over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment