Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Then and Now

The Hubs & Me, December 2004

That's me at my thinnest - probably around 175 pounds. Not my ideal weight, but I was in a size 12 and very happy to be there. See, only one chin! And look at those COLLARBONES! 

My wedding was only four months away, and the pressure of having to fit into my (very expensive) dress was keeping me and my food in check. I was doing Weight Watchers that year, and so was the Hubs (that's his "skinny" picture, too). We look hot, don't we? Heh.

Fast forward about five and a half years, and here I am:

The Fat Roll and Me, July 2009

Wow. Just...wow.

My friend Peggy took this picture at a cookout over 4th of July weekend. When I saw it, I couldn't believe how bad I looked. That big ol' roll...I never had that before. Did I? DID I?! O DEAR GOD HOW LONG HAS THAT BEEN THERE?! And you can't tell where my head ends and my neck begins. Nice food stain on the fat roll, too. *sigh*

This is the picture that I needed to see. It was a big, fat (literally) kick in the ass. I don't want to look like this anymore. I don't want to hide from the camera. So whenever I want to give up, I'm going to look at this post. Just a reminder of what is, what was, and what WILL be.

1 comment:

  1. Just for the record, I loved that pic because of how you're watching the kiddo. I'm sorry it was a gut-wrenching self-esteem lowering photo, though! I love you, girl. -)

    ReplyDelete