Thursday, September 3, 2009

Doable

I have learned a very important lesson:

DO NOT BE A SMARTASS WITH YOUR TRAINER.

Smith called last night to set up a a time to train together this coming Saturday. In the course of the conversation, I told him that his wife (a friend of mine) told me he thought I was "cheating" by eating a banana for breakfast instead of what I serve the Hubs (bacon and eggs). "I'm NOT cheating!" I insisted.

He seems to think I've completely revamped my eating habits (something he specifically told me NOT to do) and that I'm "fighting dirty" by feeding Hubs more food than I eat. Not true -- I'm just not a big breakfast person. I got a little whiny with him, and tried to get off the phone by telling him I had to go do my second half-mile run for the day. "Oh? Well why don't you go ahead and add another quarter mile to that."

Blargh. But here's something amazing: I DID THE FREAKIN' THREE-QUARTERS OF A MILE. Not a big deal to the super-fit. To me? Huge deal. I ran all of it, no walking, no stopping, not even for the first tenth of a mile where I usually walk to warm up (I did a slow jog instead). And when I was done, it occurred to me for the first time that if I can run a mile, I can run three miles, and that's a 5K. Holy achievable goal, Batman!


No comments:

Post a Comment